Been a busy time for me lately. Beyond my rehab for my separated bicep I have been working on putting the finishing touches on my new book (due out next spring), designing a new website (looks pretty cool, very excited), filming a new book trailer (had tons of fun with this one and it’s turned out well thanks to my wife’s input), putting together my Facebook page (in the infancy stages here), moving from the east coast back to west coast (slowly but surely), working on a few new writing projects and trying to shed the pounds I layered on during all this time (some days my willpower is so strong other days… not so much).
Add this to my must-see-TV (Stanley Cup Playoffs and World Championships Hockey) and I am finding it a challenge to stay sane.
But regardless, I’m dropping in to give a quick update on anything and everything.
1) Excited Canada won the World Championships. Been years since I was interested in this tournament but Sidney Crosby was involved for the first time since 2006 and so I watched and enjoyed! Like an All Star Game where something is really on the line.
2) Not sure who I am rooting for to win the Stanley Cup. I vacillate between the Rangers and the Lightening. I like players on both teams. Of course, there’s also the Blackhawks and the Ducks, both teams are stacked with talent as well. The nice thing about not having a horse in the race is there is waaaaaaaaay less stress and palm sweats.
3) Saw Avengers: Age of Ultron. First viewing I was a little disappointed but on a second viewing I liked it better. There is so much going on in this film that it bears a second viewing for sure. I wonder, though, if Joss Whedon’s original 3.5 hour cut won’t be even more entertaining and maybe fill in some of the gaping plot holes.
4) Summer is coming and so are a plethora of visitors. I find it a challenge to balance the real want of seeing friends and family with the pull of being a hermit. I know that the wise people say that the most important thing in life is to keep contact with those you love, and I agree completely, but there is the loner part of me that just wants to barricade myself in my room and write a new project and see no one. Still, I am looking forward to everyone who is planning on visiting us - just need to make sure I give myself a few hours each day to be alone.
5) My reading has really suffered over the last few months. There are so many books that are in my reading pile that I am feeling overwhelmed. I need to get more organized or maybe I need to unplug a bit. Although there is a real desire to make a big social media/internet push with my next book. I don’t know how everyone else does it. I think I might need to split myself in two or there or four or five. There are times I look at other authors who manage to keep up there internet presence with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Blogs, etc. etc. and I feel sorely deficient.
6) Apple Watch, yes or no?
7) Finally, I am playing in the sandbox of new ideas. This is the most fun part of creating. The what’s next part. The jotting down of ideas. The infinite possibilities. So, there’s that, too.
I feel like I want to leave you with a picture so here is a random shot of our dog Anna.